Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Fiber content for the day

Today's fiber content actually started last nite when I began spinning an 80/20 blend of merino and silk for my mystery shawl. Lucky for me I habitually spin lace weights so this spinning is a no brainer. I started today by getting hubby off to work then spent an hour spinning more m/s. Went to work and woo hoo!! new yarns for the fall have started to arrive (I love my job!). We had two big boxes from Reynold and one from Needful Yarns. Be proud of me fellow addicts I managed not to grab the gorgeous pale pink merino cashmere blend and keep it for myself. I do not need more yarn!! At least that's what I keep telling myself. As much as I want to start swatching and knitting on my mystery stole I'm going to spinning the yarn for this myself. I'm going to reduce my stash. I'm going to reduce my stash. I'm going to reduce my stash.... (mantra continued for most of the afternoon). Tuesday's are the late nite for us (open until 8pm) at The Lamb's Wool so I'm pretty pooped. Hopefully I'll have some pictures tomorrow of drying yarn that will be my MS and I can start knitting on Thursday.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Spinning for a Mystery Shawl...bestill my heart! Oh, and welcome to the FiberArts Bloggers webring. :)