Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Yarn for Mystery Stole 2

I took my yarn for the mystery stole with me to work today so I could use the yarndage counter. I have 380 yarns in 4 oz. There is 44 yards in the small ball of yarn that I plyed out of the left overs on one of the bobbins, but as I said in my last post about this I'm not using it unless I have two because of it being slightly under plyed. I bought the rest of the lot of fiber (3/4 of a lb) and if my fiber stays consistant in it's diameter I'll get about 1520 yards. The yarns is 16 wpi which makes it a fingering weight. I was hoping for a lace weight closer to 22 wpi. I know merino is very springy. I was hoping the silk would amke the merino less springy but the blend is only 20% silk so I've got fingering. I'm going to swatch but I don't want to have to buy another needle so I'm going to use which ever US 2, 3 or 4 I have in a 24" length. Doing the swatch is all I'm up for tonight. I've come home from work so tired that I don't dare try to work on any lace. I don't know why I'm so tired we wearn't very busy today. The most fun thing I did today was order fiber from Ashland Bay Fibers. Cultivated and Tussah Silk, A Merino/Silk 50/50 blend, Hemp Top, Black Tencel. A mother of a thunder storm has just rolled in in the last 5 minutes so I regail you with the fiber goodness in the A.M. Signing off befor electrocution.

No comments: