Thursday, August 10, 2006

I wove a panel for the Thread Project and here is where it's going to be displayed for the first time

I received this today. I'm hoping to be there to see it for myself.


Dear Friends of The Thread Project:


It is with great joy that I announce that all of the cloths are completed; seven cloths for seven continents (49 panels in all). They will be exhibited together for the first time at St. Paul’s Chapel in New York City as part of the 5-year anniversary of 9/11/2001. St. Paul’s Chapel opened its doors and its heart to those seeking solace, hope and community during the eight-month relief effort at the World Trade Center site. A different color panel will hang on each of the six pillars; one panel, woven with threads from four 9/11 families, will be on the main floor; and the other 42 panels will hang from the balcony. The website has been updated with a new journal entry with some of my thoughts and feelings about the Project’s completion at http://www.threadproject.com/asp/follow.asp and a few new pictures have been added to the photo album http://www.threadproject.com/asp/photo.asp. As always, thank you for your support. I hope many of you will be able to view the completed cloths in person; details about the exhibit can be found at http://www.threadproject.com/asp/exhibits.asp.

Best wishes,

Terry Helwig

1 comment:

Abigale said...

Oh wow! You must be so thrilled about this! What a wonderful project to get to be a part of - I'm just at a loss for words.

Abi