Thursday, November 02, 2006

Today is a sick day

I knew it was coming back on Monday but I refused to even think about it. I've been in total denial. Today, when I woke up I just had to face it. I just had accept the fact that I have a cold. I hate it when I get a cold. No one likes to get them but I seem to get them a lot and it's always the same thing. It starts with feeling all achey and stuffed up and my throat hurts. Then progresses on to feeling like I have golf balls where my tonsels used to be, hacking up a lung from coughing and the grand finally is eventually loosing my voice entirely. The only thing that has changed about my colds is now they only last maybe 4-5 days instead of 2 or 3 weeks because I take this stuff called Musinex. No I don't have stock in the company but sure wish I did. Other than that the colds are still the same and I feel like crap. So today instead of going to work I'm at home and while I should be studying for a test that's coming up in Social Psych I'm updating my blog, and listening to my daily dose of Quirky Nomads. I really should add a button for QN under my list of Pod People but your going to have to make due with a link to Sage and Todds message board for now.

http://www.quirkynomads.com/wp/

I'm just not up to dealing with the template today. I'm also a little grumpy about being home sick when it's to early for this weeks episode of Cast-On and I've already listened to this episodes of Knitty D & the City and Lime & Violet. Dr. Miserandino, if your reading this and you haven't tried listening to podcasts you really should. It's a great way to pass the time and since I know you've got a lot of it to kill give them a listen. Just don't blame me if you bust a stitch because your laughing so hard. No, you don't need an ipod to listen to them but I think it's easiest to subscribe to them from Itunes and you can download and listen via Itunes even if you don't have an ipod.

I got a very nice comment from Lisa who created the uber-fab L&V BFL roving that I've been spinning. If you heard a loud SQUEEEEE!!!! the other morning at about 6:30 that would have been me. I don't know why her making a comment or getting a mention from Lime and Violet on their podcast makes me so happy but it does and so I'm not going to over examine it.

I had an absolutely fabulous dinner with my friends Erica, Julia, Vicky and Maddy last nite. We went to do food and study for the Psych test and we did actually get some studying done but I have to admit that we did more eating and laughing. These are some of the funniest, bodacious babes on the planet and I had never gotten them all together before. We've all had the same pych classes together so I don't quite know how some of them missed each other but that has been remedied. My ribs still hurt from laughing so hard. We managed to get Bem's studies on Self-Perception theory straight in our heads and the question of the nite was "Would the baby Jesus have shown up as a positive on a pregnancy test?"

More later, must go study, espcially if Dr. M is going read this it's her test I'm studying for.

No comments: