Sunday, April 22, 2007

Yesterday I spent a lovely day watching my husband teach fenching drills to some cadets while spinning out side in the sunshine. I was at the home of a friend who I hadn't seen in a very long time and even though I probably should have been working on entering the data for my study I took her up on the offer to come. I was so glad I did. Got to see and play with her super cute son. I think I mentioned (somewhere, either or on my live journal) that I was going to play with a 2.5 year old. My brain must be addled from spending so many hours in Boyer Hall. He's 3 going on 4. I really should have known this, the kid was born on my birthday! One of the things I know I'm very good at is getting babies to go to sleep. I worked a nanny for years when I was in my early 20's so I got a lot of practice. I used to use my tallent on Mr. SuperCute too when he was a baby. I don't know if I still have the touch or Mr. Supercute was just tuckered out from running around being a little boy all day but when we inside to watch his Disney 3 Muskteers video I sat down he got right up on my lap and I must have turned my talent up to a high setting because we were both out like a light. I don't remember falling asleep but I swear it was the best nap I've had in 6 months. I was happy to see his mom. We spent some time chatting and she showed me some of the beautiful jewelry she has been making. She always did know how to pick beautiful jewelry so it's no surprise that she's good at making it. My to do list for today consist's of doing some house cleaning, entering the last of the data for the study and doing some of the analysis for the presentation MsDelVal (my research partner) have to do tomorrow, work on my paper for said research (rough draft is due Wednesday). I also want to work on some art if I have the time. The best part is that today is going to be just as sunny and warm as yeasterday so after the house cleaning is done, my laptop and I are going to spend the rest of day outside. I don't know if I ever mentioned this but Hubby/In-laws bought me a laptop for X-mas/Birthday and I've love love love it. I don't know what I did without it. It's a tool that has helped me to be productive in a way that working with my palm poilot just never could. And if I'm being honset with myself, it such a cool toy too. I've been wating for the warm weather to arrive so I can be in the sun (with sunscreen of course) but yet get my work done. Today I can, so I better get to get'in.

No comments: