Friday, January 04, 2008

It's been way to long!!

First I'd like to introduce you to the new man in my life. His name is Schrodinger and he came to live with us the week befor Christmas. He is just such a snuggler.



I've been really busy. I finished my semester up at school with an A two B's. This brought my GPA up to a 3.0. I've been continuing in my internship while on winter break. The holidays were pretty uneventful which is just the way I wanted them. I've been spinning and knitting quite a lot. Here is some of what I've been doing:

This the progress I've made so far on Thermal from Knitty. The guage is pretty small so it slow going.

This is a start to the Bijoux Blouse, a pattern from Oat Couture, on a stunning shade of red Cascade 220. I know I just shouldn't have started another project but I just love this color. The photograph really doesn't do it justice. I think I like Cascade 220 better than I like Galway for a 100% wool yarn.


Here is some yarn I've spun into a fingering weight. The fiber is from Pigeon Roof Studios. I just love her coloways. This one is Calla and is a superwash merino.


This is a quater pound of lace weight Cormo. I picked the fiber up at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival last year.

This is more sock yarn. The fiber if from Yarn Chef. I spun the coloway up useing the fractal method of spinning.

And last but not least I've been doing some charity knitting. In between what seemed like endless rows of garter stitch I do a hat just to keep me from getting board.


So as you can see I haven't had idol hands. I start my last semester as an undergrad at Arcadia on January 14 and am counting down the days until graduation, which is May 16.

No comments: