Monday, May 05, 2008

Do I have any readers left? or Stick a fork in me!

I took the last test for my undergrad degree this past Thursday! Woo Hoo! For a number of reasons I'm not going to commencement. If you know me well you know my reasons, if not and your really curious drop me a note and I tell you what the reasons are. Don't feel bad for me because I don't feel bad about missing it at all.

I spent my first day off cleaning the house because A) it looked like a bomb had hit, and B) We was having house guests.
My friends Cathy and Michele stayed over so that we and our friend Lissa could go to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival together. This was such a great trip to take for a grad. present. We had a blast. Cathy was the only one who didn't spin but she fell in love with some Jacob fiber, bought a spindle and had a lesson from me on Sunday morning. Also, I think Lissa may be coming around to the idea of knitting.



We brought back a whole of good stuff including a spindle and fiber for each of us. Lissa and I will be splitting a Jacob fleece. Cathy and I each got a copy of a knitting pattern for reliquary bags. Cathy and Michele got some yarn. Lissa got some books. Cathy got some adorable sheep prints. We all had lamb for lunch. Nom nom nom!

I'm going to be taking a couple of weeks off before I start looking for a job and starting to study for the GRE's. I've earned a bit of rest. In that time I plan on getting a lot of spinning and weaving done. Some of the spinning is commission work but most of it's for myself. I also plan on working on some garb. What this means for all of you, if your still with me, is that there should be lots of posting about fiber, cloth, and sewing. I'm so glad to be back.





1 comment:

omly said...

Congratulations on finishing!