Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Using my time wisely

One of the things I've been thinking about since I've started my job search in earnest is that I won't have the kind of time that I have right now to devote to my hobbies. That being said it's not like I've been wasting time. I've been getting a lot of spinning, weaving, and knitting done. But I also need to think about preparing to get back into the work world and all that will mean. I've also been thoroughly entertained by this whole farmgirl thing. One of the ideas that Mary Jane stresses is that you should know where your food comes from and eat organic as much as possible. Since I have a black thumb (I do hope I can change this someday) I'm not going to be growing my own produce any time soon but what I can do is prepare some of my own foods instead of buying them prepackaged.

Here is a large batch spaghetti sauce that is currently simmering away in my self-stirring crockpot. I haven't made any in a really long time and hubby was very happy that I planned to make this. For the cost of premium jar sauce I'm going to have 5 or 6 meals worth of sauce forzen.



Bread is also something that I haven't made in a long time. So here is a picture of a loaf of whole wheat bread that is in process. I'd much rather eat things I've made myself but just got out of the habbit when school/work had gotten so busy in the past. I'm going to continue to use my time wisely by cooking things that I can freeze to make meal planning a little easier on both the Hubby and myself when I do go back to work.



Keeping with the farmgirl theme, one of things every farmgirl needs is an apron. Actually she needs several but I'm going to start by making one by hand. I found these wonderful rose print fabrics today. The pattern is going to come from MJ's Ideabook (see yesterdays post for the link to the book).







Tomorrow I'm going to make cheese bread and cookies.

1 comment:

Opal said...

I know what you mean about time management. It's one of the things I'm particularly bad at.

That spaghetti sauce looks nummy.