Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What's a city girl like me doing.....

reading books like Mary Janes Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook, For The Farmgirl In All Of Us. Have I suddenly decided that in spite of being a born and raised New York City girl that I'm going to start raising my own food or keeping chickens? Um, well, no. But what it does mean is that I can enjoy working towards living a simpler life style. I can find new outlets for my love of traditionally women's crafts like sewing and baking. I can make the commitment to buy my food from local farms when ever possible. I can wear an apron and be proud of it. I am going to join the Farmgirl Sisterhood. There are thing like merit badges that a person can earn and since I was never a girl scout I feel a distinct lack of merit badges in my life. I have Miss Violet of Lime and Violet for getting me started on this. If you's like to know more about this you can follow the links here or scroll down and click the button for the Plurkette Henhouse I'll be working with.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I love your apron fabric! Go Farmgirls!