Monday, July 28, 2008

Busy busy busy

For the last week or so I've been doing a lot of sewing. Mostly box bags that I have for sale on my Etsy shop (see the side bar for some of the pictures and the link to the shop). I've also taken some time to ply up the single that I had going on one of my drop spindles. This what the yarn that I was spinning way back in June has come out looking like.





I really like the way this yarn has plied up. Some areas are a solid color and some is a combination of colors that have a beautiful tweed look. I've got more fiber to finish but I also need to decide if I'm going to knit or weave with this. If I do weave it then I also need to decide if I'm going to use the yarn for both warp and weft or if I want to pair it with a neutral solid. I'm thinking that stripes or perhaps even working a check might be fun. Decisions decisions.

3 comments:

Sock Knitter said...

It is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Astabeth said...

Nice! Where did you get the fiber?

Opal said...

Absolutely fabulous. :)