Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Last Thursday I get a phone call...

From my friend Matt asking if I can do whip out a scroll, specifically a Letter of Marc for the King to sign and give to our mutual friend Griffith for a bit of shtick during Court. I'm thinking to myself that Griffs a Pirate and will be come a Privateer with this scroll so what's in it for me. For about 3 hours of work (not including the time it took to restart the scroll 3 time because I kept making mistakes) my payment will be a bottle of Chambord and a skein of STR lightweight sock yarn in a colorway call Walk On The Wild Tide. So here's the letter:



Doing this much calligraphy on such short notice was no problem but did leave me a little crispy but it's nice to know that I can still do it after having a hiatus of about 6year away from my pens. Before that I had been working on my Nanner! socks. The pattern was a gift from Wendy Johnson to all her Plurk Buddies who asked for before the end of June. This is very fast knit since I got this much done in just a day:






The scroll put that sock on hold but I have made a bit more progress since I took that picture. I'm about half down the foot and will definitely have it done and the second sock started by the weekend. Because I was feeling rather crispy from having done the letter I knew I was going to want to knit on something pretty mindless at the event, Bhakail Investiture. I started a dish cloth baby blanket. I've been working on it this week along with my sewing and am almost half way thru.




We are going to spend Friday at home but will head off Saturday to our friends Thomas and Marion's home for a day of fencing and Rock Band for him, and knitting and schmoozing for me.

3 comments:

Katy said...

I think the scroll turned out lovely! I'd love to know how to do that.

Lady O said...

The scroll is beautiful.

Opal said...

Gorgeous scroll and beautiful nanner sock!