Saturday, July 19, 2008

Todays sewing project - A Box Bag

I was going to go to an SCA event today. I say was because last night, when Hubby and I looked at the weather forecast for today a heat index of 97degrees with high humidity, we agreed that air conditioning was just going to be the better option to make sure I keep breathing.


So I broke out the fabric for a sewing project that I had wanted to try for a long time, a lined, zippered box bag to keep a sock/small sewing project in. I followed the tutorial from Dragon{knit}fly. Since this is the first time I've made this, there are a couple of things that are a bit wonkie, like the bag could be just a bit longer to accommodate my DPN's, but over all I love the way it came out. It took just two fat quarters of fabric and a 12" zipper so this is a very inexpensive to make and I see myself making a lot more of these in my future.


No comments: