Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Todays finished item is brought to you by the letter N and the number 2

This morning I finished #2 in the pair of Nanner! Socks designed by Wendy Johnson of WendyKnits fame. The yarn I used was Millefiori dyed by Pigeonroof Studios. I loved knitting these socks. I think that's why it didn't take me 40 forevers to get them done. But I will say that the combination of the very complex colorway over powers the stitch pattern. This kind of conflict has always been something I've had a problem with.





I really want to knit this sock pattern again. I have some Nanner! yarn from Lime and Violet in Miss Violet's Just Ripe colorway that I could use for another pair of Nanners! I am also thinking the yarn may need to become a pair of Monkey Socks. Ge it, Nanner Yarn, Monkey Socks! O.K. well its funny to me. Another option for another pair of Nanners! is to find some yellow fiber and spin my own sock yarn but I can tell you that just isn't going to happen anytime soon. Business has been picking up for my Etsy shop and I have an other oportunity that has just come up in the last 24 hours that is very exciting. I can't share the details right now except to say that it's fiber related, will keep me very busy and has the potential keep me busy for a very long time. Squeee!!!

Also, on the project front there's a hat that has been partially done that really should get done for a very special person in my life. It has to get done before the weather gets cold since I've been promising it to him for 2 years!!! Not sure why I've been procrastinating on this one but then again I have a sweater for Hubby that been on the needles for much longer than that. Both projects are not all that far from completion. I know this is something about my process that I need to explore further. Why is it that I can make stuff to go to complete strangers with no problem but once I start a project for someone close to me I seem to freeze. Could it have something to do with not wanting to disappoint them? But I'm disappointing them by not finishing their projects. So where does this leave me? Well, first and formost not in a good place I can tell you that much. I will ponder this while I spin the next batch of yarn for Crown Mountain Farms since this kind of thinking is best done with fiber in my hands.

For those of you not on Plurk, why your not I just can't fathom, here is a picture of Dr. Schrodinger that I poster there yesterday and just had to share with the world. My own personal LOL cat!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Your nanners look great! I see what you mean about the yarn overpowering, but I still see the pattern!

Jenn said...

Your nanners look great! I see what you mean about the yarn overpowering, but I still see the pattern!

Beverly said...

Your nanners are great. Wendy advised me, before I made my first pair, not to use a heavily varigated yarn so that the pattern would be more visible. I can't wait to see what you do with the ripe yarn from L&V.

She Knits Socks said...

You've convinced me that I need to knit the Nanner socks. I've had the pattern all along, but have put it back for later. Yours are great, but I see the problem with the yarn. Maybe I should use a semi-solid?

Opal said...

Cute Nanner socks! I think Nanner yarn knit into Monkey socks would be too perfect!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the CMF your spinning.