Sunday, July 11, 2010

A message to one of my Chinese followers

I've been getting comments from followers in China. Considering the time I've spent in the Tibetan Autonomous Region and China this year it makes me very happy to have them. One person asked me what they should be doing with their blog. This is a very touchy subject considering the political climate in China which I have first hand knowledge of. My best advice is that as far the arts are concerned you need to show what make your heart sing. This is quite simply what I do. What you see on my blog is the work I'm currently doing, the things that are effecting my life and my work at the moment. What you see here really is about who I am as a person. I don't know any other way to be. To use an American colloquialism I have always worn my heart on my sleeve. If I feel passionate about something I post about. If you could see me in person you be able to read my feeling on my face as you were reading a book. Now being in China that might not always be the wisest thing but you need to do your best to find a way to say whats in your heart without pissing off the powers that be. I will say this, I don't run the risk of being arrested by just being myself but it hasn't always been easy to find acceptance for it in my culture. I'm very much the kind of person who just can't stand by when I see that someone needs help. I'd give them the shirt off my back and my last dime if they would be better off for it. More times than I can count I've been kicked in the teeth for it. Even then I pray that those same people who have hurt me find the peace they are looking for. So the answer is try your best to be true to your self, rejoice in the things that give you pleasure, and that's what you should be sharing on your blog.

35 comments:

吳婷婷 said...

有夢最美啦~~加油!元氣滿點!............................................................

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

Love the analogy of the clew. Definitely, I search for clews.

志其志其 said...

優質的好部落格,當然要留言支持鼓勵鼓勵!............................................................

賢林賢林 said...

開心不開心都是一天,祝您能夠笑著面對一切!............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

承蘋承蘋 said...

君子立恆志,小人恆立志。..................................................................

張怡 said...

唯有穿鞋的人,才知道鞋的哪一處擠腳............................................................

溫緯李娟王季 said...

認識自己,是發現妳的真性格、掌握妳的命運、創照你前程的根源。......................................................

蔡靜芳蔡靜芳 said...

當我微笑時,世界和我一起微笑;當我快樂時,世界和我一起活躍。..................................................

宮惠如宮惠如 said...

Joy often comes after sorrow, like morning after night.. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

承蘋承蘋 said...

No garden without its weeds.............................................................

洪瑋婷洪瑋婷 said...

偶爾上來逛逛,下次不知是否還有緣再進來,先祝您平安順利!!!..................................................................

RicoLisi0802志竹 said...

人類的聰明,並非以經驗為依歸,而是以接受經驗的行程為依歸。.......................................................

曹季恩曹季恩 said...

Lets cross the bridge when we come to it............................................................

詩張婷詩張婷 said...

良好的開端,已是成功的一半。..................................................

ToryO_Vis建銘 said...

我的痛苦會停止,但求我的心能征服它。................................................

建葉葉輝 said...

時時關心,時時感動。..................................................

家唐銘 said...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。......................................................................

凱v胡倫 said...

絕不要羞於承認自己不知道的事。..................................................

君黃怡黃怡 said...

Poverty tries friends...................................................................

姜堯林智超玟 said...

困難的不在於新概念,而在於逃避舊有的概念。............................................................

灏群 said...

時時刻刻抵抗誘惑,就是一種勝利。............................................................

麗王王珠 said...

文章雖然普通,但意義卻很大~~^^~~ ..................................................

446 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。............................................................

por said...

愛情是盲目的,但婚姻恢復了它的視力。......................................................................

麗王王珠 said...

學而時習之,不亦樂乎˙ω˙............................................................

于庭吳 said...

走召糸及言贊白勺口拉............................................................

翊翊翊翊張瑜翊翊翊 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.. ... ............................................................

1615 said...

看到大家都留言-我也忍不住說聲---加油..................................................

國林林林林維 said...

Many a true word is spoken in jest..................................................................

建枫 said...

來幫忙拼人氣~Go Go Go............................................................

/798 said...

No pains, no gains.......................................................................

黃英吳思潔吳思潔邦 said...

走召糸及言贊白勺口拉............................................................

司冯欣 said...

人不能像動物一樣活著,而應該追求知識和美德............................................................

王怡迪 said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。............................................................